Feb 1, 2008

God bless the used book store

I hit the Bookshelf (on S. Monroe here in beautiful Tallahassee, FL) while I was out running payday errands and picked up 3 books off the Big List and one extra, just for fun, for the grand sum of about $15. I scored:
- The Devil on My Back by Monica Hughes. I read this one back in middle school (when I first figured out that scifi novels were marked on the side in our local library with a little rocket ship on the tag and plowed through everything I could grab), and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes now.
- Virtual Light by William Gibson. I read Idoru sort of sight unseen and mostly enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to this one.
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. I've only read A Handmaid's Tale by her, but she keeps getting suggested, so when I saw it I grabbed it.

I also nabbed Time Out of Mind, a book of translated short stories by Pierre Boulle. He's on the Big List for Planet of the Apes, and the cover looked interesting enough to catch my attention.

No comments: