May 6, 2012

Burn Down the Sky by James Jaros

Burn Down the Sky

This book was terrible. I mean, just a complete stinker. Too bad for a real review with paragraphs and things, and so instead I give you the bullet points:

- global warming that causes complete global devastation in under a decade
- nothing green or growing left alive, but somehow snakes, crows, and panthers remain to attack people
- a deadly virus that plans and thinks and only allows for sex with young girls
- not to mention, if a disease is ONLY passed by hetero-sex, as laid out here, there would be a hell of a lot more homo-sex, not just a bunch of chaste couples not fooling around
- poor, poor writing where everyone says exactly what they are doing and thinking
- stock characters, such as Former Rebel Leader Turned Outlaw With Heart of Gold and Plucky Young Woman Who Can Survive Any Adventure (But Mostly Rape)
- even the cover is ugly

 Until I read this book, I thought America 2014 was going to be the worst thing I slogged through in the name of dystopia. Oh, how wrong I was.

2 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Sounds like the plot of a film that I wouldn't watch unless it were 2AM and I couldn't sleep. And even then, only if I were also doing something else at the same time.

That Hank said...

The parts that were't just terrible were creepy AND terrible. I mean, lord. It was bad.